PropWiser Consultants Limited and its subsidiaries
Personal Information Collection Statement.
Consultants Limited ("PropWiser", "we ", "our " or "us") respects your
legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using, processing and
transmitting Personal Data and this PPS explains our privacy practices.
We are legally required to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy)
Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative
Region when collecting, holding, using and/or processing your Personal
Data. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff to the
strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices
regarding how your Personal Data will be collected, treated and
processed. By providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting to
this PPS and the collection, use, transfer, storage and processing of
your Personal Data as described in this PPS.
Data Collection and Use
the course of using our services or our website, you may be asked to
provide us with your personal data for the purposes specified in the
section "Purposes of Collecting Personal Data".
are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, we may
not be able to provide the services you have requested if you do not.
We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal information that you provide and all information compiled by us about you is collectively referred to as "Personal Data".
following are the common situations when we may collect and store your
Personal Data, although these situations are not exhaustive:
1) registration for a membership and using our services as a member of our programmes, activities and/or other services;
2) using and/or browsing our websites;
3) using our intermediary services;
4) signing an estate agency agreement to appoint us as your estate agent;
5) signing a provisional sale and purchase agreement / tenancy agreement;
6) purchasing first-hand property;
7) contacting us for enquiry or complaint;
8) entry and/or participating in any of our promotional, marketing or advertising activities;
9) posting, uploading, creating or otherwise generating any content and/or information on our websites;
The types of Personal Data we collect from you may include (without limitation) the following:
1) your personal information (e.g. your name, gender, passport or other personally identifiable number);
2) your contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers);
3) our business information (e.g. company name, business title and associated contact information);
4) information when you use our websites or other services or products (e.g. behavioural information, browser history, location information, browser details, IP addresses).
5) address of other properties owned by you;
6) your email or letters sent to us;
7) your preferences for particular property or service
purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may
include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
1) verifying your identity
2) handling your enquiries and keeping you updated with the progress of your enquiries / information
3) providing services to you and following up the services you have used
4) providing assistance
regarding your enquiries, including investigating and resolving
problems arising from service quality and handling any enquiries
concerning your bills and payments
5) sending you the bills relating to the services provided by us
6) responding to your enquiries or complaints in relation to our services
7) keeping record for reference
8) marketing and promoting of any of our services
9) assisting us to prevent fraud and crime
10) debt tracing, debt recovery (including the appointment of debt collection agents) and credit management
11) contacting you whenever necessary
12) disclosure as permitted or required by law
you use the Website, cookies will be stored in your computer. The
purpose of using cookies is for internal navigation/ programming only.
We will not collect any personal data from you under this circumstance.
You have a choice not to accept the cookies, but if you do, certain
functionality may not be available.
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
All practicable steps will be taken to ensure that the data are accurate and up-to-date.
Personal data will not be kept longer than they are necessary for our
purposes and will be destroyed according to our internal policy.
Security of Personal Data
All practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by us are protected against
unauthorised or accidental access, processing, deletion or other use.
Personal data will not be disclosed unless otherwise permitted by law.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to access or correct your Personal Data held by us. You may also:
request deletion or erasure of your Personal Data;
object to the sharing of your Personal Data; and/or
object to the profiling of your Personal Data.
you would like to exercise any of the above rights or obtain a copy of
any of your Personal Data, or if you believe that any of your Personal
Data which we collect and maintain is inaccurate or would like to
request for information regarding our policies and practices and the
kinds of Personal Data held by us, please contact us at the following
address or fax your requests to us:
Data Protection Officer
PropWiser Consultants Limited
Unit 2102, 21/F, West Tower, Shun Tak Centre,
168-200 Connaught Road Central,
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Fax Number: (852) 3705 2829
We will endeavour to use appropriate technical means to ensure that you can access, update and correct your Personal Data.
In accessing, updating, correcting and/or deleting your Personal Data,
we may ask you to authenticate your identity in order to protect the
safety of your Personal Data.
the extent permitted by relevant laws and regulations, we reserve the
right to refuse unreasonable requests (for example, requests which
infringe the privacy of others). To
the extent permitted by relevant laws and regulations, we reserve the
right to charge a reasonable fee for the cost of processing any request
set out above.
We intends to use your name, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and address for direct marketing estate agency service but we cannot so use your personal data without your consent.
We intends to provide your name, telephone and the address of your transaction to investment & finance company and mortgage broker company under PropWiser
group for purpose of direct marketing and/or providing investment,
financial services or mortgage referral services but we cannot so provide your personal data without your consent.
you do not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information
from us with respect to the estate agency and/or other categories of
above, or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your personal
data for the aforesaid direct marketing purposes, please contact our
Service Hotline (852) 3990 0799 or by post to the above address or by fax (852) 3705 2829 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
order to anticipate your needs, our websites may contain links to third
party sites that are operated under different privacy practices.
All such websites are independent from our websites. We have no control over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law.
You should therefore be fully aware the provision of such links does
not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by
or with Swire Properties Group. We have no control over Personal Data that is submitted to these other websites. You should remain alert when you leave our websites, and read the privacy statements of other websites.
This Policy may be amended from time to time. You may access and obtain a copy of this Policy, as amended from time to time, at www.propwiser.com.hk so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use Personal Data.